Southern Maryland Fair Skies Coalition
Join the fight against the loud, low-altitude commercial flights over our homes and communities caused by new traffic patterns to/from Reagan National Airport. Attend our annual organizing meeting.
Saturday, June 29th at 9:00 am
Moyaone Community Center
2311 Bryan Point Road
Residents of Fort Washington, Accokeek, Bensville, Indian Head, La Plata and other communities in Southern Maryland have been severely impacted by changes to flight paths to/from Reagan National Airport (DCA). Areas that once were peaceful and quiet now have hundreds of noisy flights per day passing overhead. We’re seeking equitable solutions to decrease the aircraft noise in the regions south of DCA.
Coffee and doughnuts will be served while we cover the following:
- Information on the FAA Nextgen implementation and other causes of the excessive noise
- Data on how aircraft noise effects our health and home values
- Latest update on proposals from the DCA Community Noise Working Group
- Discussion of our strategy for the next year including goals
- Discussion of plans for media outreach, social media, political outreach and research
- How each of us can help in this effort to regain quiet skies
- Election of leadership board and officers
Join us in our fight against the excessive aircraft noise!